Hello everyone! Today I am going to show you how to make DIY tumblr inspired t-shirts. This DIY is super easy, and I am really happy with the way my shirts turned out. So, if you want to know how to make a super unique and personalized shirt, then keep on reading.
- Inkjet printer
- Iron-on transfer paper (Light or dark, depending on the color of the shirt you’re using)
- New, cotton or cotton/poly blend fabric (I used white, but you can use any color you want)
- Household iron
- Pillowcase (to place between the fabric and ironing surface)
- Smooth, non-porous, hard ironing surface (DO NOT USE AN IRONING BOARD)
*DISCLAIMER:FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS ON YOUR TRANSFER PAPER FOR PRINTING*
- Find your images. Go onto any search engine and type in “tumblr stickers”. Be sure the background is NOT transparent; this will cause any empty space to be black.
- Print your images onto a plain piece of printer paper to insure the image looks the way you want it to.
- Once you’re satisfied with the images, load the printer with your transfer paper, grid side up.
- Get ready to print, but before you do make sure you print the image as a REVERSE OR MIRROR IMAGE, otherwise everything will transfer backwards onto the t-shirt.
- Also, before printing, make sure your paper settings are as close to the paper type for iron-on t-shirt transfers.
- Print your images.
- Allow to dry 1/2 an hour (30 minutes) before transferring.
*DISCLAIMER:FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS ON YOUR TRANSFER PAPER FOR TRANSFERRING*
*REMOVE ANY WRINKLES BEFORE TRANSFERRING, IF NECESSARY AND LET FABRIC COOL*
*MAKE SURE TO LET TRANSFER AND SHIRT COOL FOR 24 HOURS BEFORE WASHING OR WEARING SHIRT*
*TO PROLONG THE VIBRANCY OF THE TRANSFER, WASH INSIDE OUT IN COLD WATER, AND DO NOT USE BLEACH. TUMBLE DRY INSIDE USING DRYER SETTINGS BASED ON THE FABRIC. IF IRONING FABRIC IS DESIRED, DO NOT IRON DIRECTLY ON THE TRANSFER*
- Heat iron to maximum cotton setting. Do not use the steam setting. If iron has a steam nozzle, use area on iron without a nozzle for even heat.
- Cut out design: Leave a 1/8″ border around your image. The border will be translucent once it has been ironed onto your fabric.
- Place wrinkle-free pillowcase on a hard, smooth, non-porous ironing surface ( a waist-high or lower surface will maximize the amount of pressure you are able to apply). Do not use a glass surface or an ironing board. Lay fabric on top of the pillowcase and smooth it with your hands to ensure the transfer area is wrinkle-free.
- Place the transfer image side down onto your fabric in the desired position. Position transfer edge about 3″ away from the edge of ironing surface to allow firm pressure.
- Iron transfer with firm pressure, using both hands and body weight, in a straight, non-stop motion right-to-left and bottom-to-top for 2 1/2 minutes for a full sheet (90 seconds for 1/2 sheet). If using an iron with a soleplate (the bottom) with recessed channels, extra ironing up to 1 additional minute may be needed. Keep iron moving at all times to prevent scorching. Stop ironing if the transfer begins to yellow. Transfer should be stuck to the fabric if you can see an edge of the transfer’s backing paper lift off the transfer. Make one final pass with the iron around the transfer’s edges to ensure complete adhesion.
- Allow fabric to cool completely. Hold the fabric and transfer in place with one hand. Smoothly and evenly peel away transfer’s backing with the other hand.
Enjoy your new, unique, and personalized shirts!
Make sure to tag me in a picture of your recreations! Instagram username is down below!
L I N K S
~Ipsy (Beauty Subscription Box~This where I get most of my beauty products from :)—USE MY REFERRAL LINK! ***NOT SPONSORED***)
Links marked with an * are affiliate links!
Mikasa Beauty* (Use my code MAYANICOLEBEAUTY for 25% off!)
Natalibathcosmetics* (Use my code MAYANICOLEBEAUTY for 10% off!)
~chocolate peanut butter nana nice cream recipe ~~~ VEGAN
~wanderlust: a creative piece
~summer lovin playlist
Where to Find Me
Business Inquiries/PR/Affiliate: firstname.lastname@example.org
*** ALL PHOTOS ARE MINE***
I love all of you!